Information we collect
When you make a donation or submit information using an online form (e.g. newsletter sign up, urgent action, etc), GAIA may collect any of the following information that you have provided:
- Information that you provide when registering for one of our newsletters or events (e.g. your name and email address);
- Information that you provide when donating to GAIA (e.g. your name, contact information);
- Information that you provide when filling out the contact form or action alerts on the website (e.g. your name, email address and phone number);
- Information related to newsletter deliverability and user experience (e.g. if opened, links clicked).
How we use your information
GAIA may use your information to:
- After subscribing to one of GAIA’s newsletters, GAIA subscribes you to the mailing list to receive newsletters, action alerts, event and webinar invitations, and appeals;
- Acknowledge your donation;
- Understand, improve, and optimize our email communication and related experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research;
- Assist with questions or requests.
All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted to only employees who need the information to perform a specific job. All of our databases are password-protected to ensure that unauthorized users cannot access sensitive data. In the event of any suspected personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach as legally required.
Third party vendors
To use certain features of GAIA’s website (such as making online donations and registering for events), we may require you to provide information, including email addresses for webinar registrations, and bank account or credit card information to our third party payment processor Paypal to facilitate processing of donations. All information will be collected directly by third party payment processors according to their privacy policies.
GAIA’s website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Read more and change your cookie settings at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to other websites
Sharing of information
GAIA will never share your information with a third party without your express consent. As noted above, however, our website and emails may contain links to third party sites.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you are under 16 years of age, please do not enter personal information on our website without the express permission of your parent or guardian.
Your acceptance of these terms
At any time, you may ask for a copy of the information that we have about you by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure your privacy, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before sharing that information with you. You also can request the modification, correction, or removal of your data from our database.
If you wish to stop receiving emails from GAIA at any time, you may do so by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our newsletters. Alternatively, please contact us at: email@example.com.