REGIONAL FINANCE OFFICER
ZeroWasteAsia GAIA Asia Pacific
GAIA is a worldwide alliance of more than 800 grassroots groups, non-governmental organizations, and individuals in over 90 countries whose ultimate vision is a just, Zero Waste world built on respect for ecological limits and community rights, where people are free from the burden of toxic pollution, and resources are sustainably conserved, not burned or dumped. We recognize that our planet’s finite resources, fragile biosphere, and the health of people and other living beings are endangered by polluting and inefficient production practices, and health-threatening disposal methods. Because of this, we oppose incinerators, landfills, and other end-of-pipe interventions. Our goal is clean production and creating a closed-loop, materials-efficient economy where all products are reused, repaired, or recycled.
The regional office, GAIA Asia Pacific, is looking for a detail-oriented and highly-motivated Regional Finance Officer to support the organization’s accounting and financial management needs.
Reporting: Working under the direction of the Regional Finance Manager, (RFM) the Regional Finance Officer, in coordination with the Regional Coordinator and the Deputy Director, will support all financial reporting and budget planning aspects of the GAIA Asia Pacific office consistent with the national legal, donor, and its global office requirements.
Duration: A full-time regular position subject to a probationary period.
Location: This position will be working in-person and online with the regional office based in Quezon City, Philippines.
Responsibilities: The scope of the position includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Support Regional Finance Manager (RFM) in updating reporting trackers, reconciliation, tools, and consolidated financial reports.
- Assists the global finance team in closing the grants process as per RFM instructions
- Support regional and country programs to ensure reviewing all backup and quality.
- Supports processing of bank requirements, monthly bank reconciliation, monitoring weekly cash flow, and preparation of check vouchers and checks
- Assists in the preparation of a monthly summary of expenses per project and monthly variance report per project
- Prepares monthly internal revenue payments and annualization
- Assists with annual audit missions and requirements
- Supports the preparation of monthly and yearly financial reports
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and 3+ years working in non-profit finance and bookkeeping
- Strong general computer and technical skills, including expertise in using MS Office and Google Sheets
- Experienced in using Quickbooks; able to work across platforms and learn new technology quickly
- Trustworthy and has experience in safeguarding confidential documents and information
- Responsive to a wide array of incoming inquiries and requests including emails and other communication, and has demonstrable experience in working collaboratively and independently
- Ability to problem-solve, take initiative, and maintain efficiency in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Strong familiarity with relevant Philippine corporate laws and regulations
- Passion for social and environmental justice
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should their applications to email@example.com no later than September 15, 2023.
The position will be open until filled; the first round of interviews will commence immediately.
GAIA is an equal-opportunity employer. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is commensurate to qualifications and experience, based on experience. Benefits are competitive for mid-sized environmental and social justice groups based in the Philippines.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org