Asia Pacific Digital Communications Associate
GAIA Asia Pacific is hiring!
GAIA is a worldwide alliance of more than 800 grassroots groups, non-governmental organizations, and individuals in over 90 countries whose ultimate vision is a just, toxic-free world without incineration. We recognize that the planet’s finite resources, fragile biosphere, and the health of people and other living beings are endangered by polluting and inefficient production practices, and health-threatening disposal methods. Because of this, we oppose incinerators, landfills, and other end-of-pipe interventions. Our goal is clean production and creating a closed-loop, materials-efficient economy where all products are reused, repaired, or recycled.
GAIA is looking for a dynamic communications professional to fill the Asia Pacific Digital Communications Associate post. As the Digital Communications Associate, you will have the opportunity to pour in your creative ideas and tell the world that Zero Waste is easier done, together. In this role, you will meet Zero Waste heroes, tell their stories, and facilitate their storytelling in the digital realm. Plus you’ll have an opportunity to co-design and share your expertise in digital communications strategies while learning about Zero Waste from different environmental organization experts, campaigners, and frontline communities.
Reporting lines: The AP Digital Communications Associate reports to GAIA AP’s Communications Officer, coordinates with and is part of several internal working groups.
Responsibilities: As the AP Digital Communications Associate, you will:
- Co-design and co-implement GAIA AP’s social media strategy, digital campaign, and digital content
- Research and suggest ways to improve GAIA Asia Pacific’ social media presence
- Maintain online audience interest through engagement
- Keep track of trending social media topics and develop response strategies and content
- Provide support in online platforms and tools development and management
- Keep track of members’ social media platforms for regional cross-posting
- Provide communications support to Asia Pacific members which includes developing articles and socmed content to amplify members’ stories and advocacy issues.
- Collate online media coverage and forward to the team for analysis
- Strengthen and Develop Digital Campaigns
- Co-develop digital campaigns with programs, members, and allied networks
- Represent GAIA-AP in wider stakeholders’ digital campaigns strategy development to integrate the network’s agenda
- Build and maintain online communities and relationships
- Analyze GAIA-AP’s social media engagement to see trends, influencers, shift in conversations, and reach as inputs for strategy development
- Reach out/engage with existing and potential influencers and online volunteers
- Digital Content Creation
- Co-create digital content with the Communications and other relevant teams. This includes production, targeted distribution, and deployment planning of online communications materials targeting the voting public through feature and human interest stories, letters to the editors, brochures, videos, photo stories, memes, newsletters, infographics, and others through social media platforms such as YouTube, Tiktok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the like
- Communications support in wider institutional activities and other technical work that may be assigned by the AP Communications Officer.
You are who we are looking for if you have:
- Strong background in developing digital communications strategies for specific target audiences
- Strong writing and communications skills in English. Other regional languages are a plus
- At least a year of experience in communications work particularly social media management, engagement, and analysis is preferred, but fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Familiarity with the Asia Pacific social media landscapes
- Advanced skills in graphic design, data visualization, infographics, video editing, or other new media tools
- Knowledge of or familiarity with Zero Waste, plastics, and anti-incineration work
- Experience working with teams from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Interest and experience in working for social and environmental justice groups and committed to elevating the voices of the grassroots communities and members to global environmental discourse
- Has a strong work ethic, is a team player, and is eager to learn
- Solutions-oriented, focused, and able to handle multiple campaigns
- Has a positive attitude, resilient, and committed to equity and equality, inclusivity and diversity
- Flexible with working hours to participate in calls with the global team outside of regular working hours
- Willing to travel, as required, allowed, and needed for the job. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, work-related travel is limited
Location, Compensation, and Work Environment
This is a full-time position, equivalent to 40 hours a week, for an initial commitment of one year. This position is open to individuals based in the Asia Pacific region, preferably Asian nationals, in a remote-work arrangement.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits (US$480.00 to 500.00), including a healthcare package, paid vacation and sick leaves, and other similar employment protections. We take pride in our ability to support one another’s work in an atmosphere of mutual trust, transparency, and respect, and look forward to introducing the successful candidate to our welcoming and highly motivated team and members.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity principles and to provide all employees with a safe work environment free from discrimination and harassment. We welcome you regardless of your gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, age, physical ability, or any other status unrelated to the performance of the job. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AP DIGITAL COMMS ASSOCIATE – (YOUR NAME)”. APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
- Updated resume and cover letter with your salary requirements;
- 2-3 references (IMPORTANT: 2 of your references must be your immediate supervisor or manager, or colleagues who worked closely with you in recent programs/projects/campaigns);
- At least 2 digital comms work samples or references/links to programs/projects you led or spearheaded.
No calls, please. The position is open until filled; the first round of applications will be reviewed beginning August 26, but consider applying ASAP. Qualified applicants will be screened and shortlisted immediately, and the position may close before the deadline.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com