GAIA is Hiring a Communications, Marketing and Digital Strategy Consultant
COMMUNICATIONS, MARKETING, AND DIGITAL STRATEGY CONSULTANT: CROSS-REGIONAL COVID RECOVERY + ZERO WASTE CAMPAIGN
WHO WE ARE
GAIA (Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives) is a worldwide alliance of more than 800 grassroots groups, non-governmental organizations, and individuals in over 90 countries whose ultimate vision is a just, toxic-free world without incineration.
GAIA seeks a digital strategist for a cross-regional communications campaign which lays out a vision for how recovery funds can be redirected away from extractive and polluting industries and towards a transformation to a just, circular economy. The campaign starts in February, peaking with a Global Day of Action (GDA) on March 31, 2021 with our international membership, and will interweave separate events and publications into a cohesive-feeling broader campaign with a compelling storyline that can be adapted for diverse audiences. Our digital strategy must be accessible to our members around the world, and malleable to diverse audiences and regional contexts.
- At least 3 years of experience with digital communications strategy and digital marketing, preferably for non-profits
- Experience working on cross-regional campaigns with diverse teams is preferred but not required
- Spanish-language fluency preferred but not required
- GAIA members + allies
- City and regional government officials with budgetary power/city government networks
- International Financial Institutions/overseas development agencies
- Work with cross-regional team to develop digital activities for members to take part in for the Global Day of Action, and create an online action section of the Global Day of Action toolkit for members
- Create GAIA’s social media strategy and calendar for the lead-up to and the day of the Global Day of Action, including measurable goals for the project
- Social media strategy and online promotion of 2 videos, 1 webinar (may be 2), 2 fact sheets, and 1 report, and advise on any digital marketing on facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Implement the global strategy: prepare and post to GAIA’s global social media pages on facebook, twitter, linkedin
- Evaluation of project goals, sharing lessons learned with GAIA team
- Strong possibility of continuing lighter amount of work through December 2021, likely focused on sharing stories from organizations working in different countries (unlikely to produce more publications after March 2021)
- February 11: Release of publication on Zero Waste + Job Creation, short video, and webinar
- March 1: Economic Justice publication release
- March 1: GDA Toolkit (including social media toolkit) ready to send to members
- March 23: Zero Waste and Cost-Effectiveness fact sheet release
- March 31: GDA
- Mid-April: Evaluation of project
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by emailing your resume to Claire Arkin at email@example.com, subject line: RFP Digital Strategist. Applications will be accepted until January 21st.