GAIA Asia Pacific Upcoming Fellowships
Gear up and get ready, GAIA Asia Pacific will be bringing you exciting fellowship opportunities for media, CSO communications officers, and communications students this August!
Media Fellowship on Climate – South and East Asia
Exclusive for media practitioners in South Asia and East Asia – get to know the facts on how our climate is changing and how we are currently dealing with the problem.
In this fellowship,
- You’ll learn about climate issues, policies, and conferences;
- Make the connection between climate, Zero Waste, and waste pickers; climate and the plastics issue; and climate and waste burning;
- Delve into climate reporting; and
- Be the 1st to hear about our latest report on climate and Zero Waste.
Climate and environment experts from across the globe will guide you through the ins and outs of climate change and Zero Waste and top-notch journalists will offer their insights on how to communicate these very important and timely topics.
South Asia: India (3), Nepal (2), Sri Lanka (2), Bangladesh (2), Maldives (2), Bhutan (1), Pakistan (1)
East Asia: Hong Kong (2), Taiwan (2), China (3), Japan (2), Korea (2)
SEA Biodiversity Media Bootcamp
Join our Southeast Asia Biodiversity Media Bootcamp where we bring together journalists, civil society organizations’ communications practitioners, and communications students to achieve the common good: communicating biodiversity conservation within the context of Zero Waste!
There are no strenuous military drills here; instead, you will learn:
- Biodiversity terms and various international biodiversity conventions
- Environmental issues in Southeast Asia especially the marine plastic pollution
- Zero Waste contribution to biodiversity
- Biodiversity reporting from knowledge building to persuasion and moving the audience to act
- Waste pickers as biodiversity champions; and
- Zero Waste communities as vanguards of biodiversity
And to top it off, you will be mentored by biodiversity and communications experts and top-notch journalists from Southeast Asia while working with other students, comms practitioners, and journalists.
- 12 journalists: Cambodia (1), Indonesia (3), Malaysia (1), Philippines (3), Thailand (1), Vietnam (3)
- 12 comms practitioners: Cambodia (1), Indonesia (3), Malaysia (1), Philippines (3), Thailand (1) Vietnam (3)
- 12 comms students: Cambodia (1), Indonesia (3), Malaysia (1), Philippines (3), Thailand (1) Vietnam (3)
Twice-a-month sessions for the Media Fellowship on Climate – South & East Asia and once-a-month sessions for the SEA Biodiversity Bootcamp will run from August to October with a two-month allocation for story writing. Story grants are available.
All sessions will be conducted in English.
Slots are limited so send your applications before July 19, 2022!
For more info, contact Sonia Astudillo at email@example.com