- This event has passed.
[COP27] Methane Matters: Delivering on the Global Methane Pledge for ambitious methane mitigation
November 17 @ 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm
An event every 3 days that begins at 1:15 pm, repeating until November 17, 2022
Speakers will present which measures need to be taken by Global Methane Pledge signatories to ensure ambitious methane cuts & explore the need for diplomatic efforts to develop an int’l governance framework on methane mitigation.
- Tim Grabiel, Senior Lawyer, Environmental Investigation Agency
- Nusa Urbancic, Campaigns Director, Changing Markets
- Mariel Vilella, Director of global climate programme, GAIA
- Dr Kathleen Mar, Group Leader, IASS Potsdam
- María Heloísa Rojas, Minister of Environment of Chile (to be confirmed)
- Martina Otto, Head of the CCAC Secretariat, CCAC
- Carolina Urmeneta, Program Director – Circular Economy, Global Methane Hub
This event is located within the official conference venue, any person wishing to access the side event area must be duly registered as part of a delegation of a Party or an observer organization and in possession of a conference badge. However, all events will be livestreamed on the UNFCCC youtube channel, which is accessible to anyone and on our webpage.