- This event has passed.
[COP27] Just Transition to Zero Waste Cities: A Key Strategy to Deliver the Paris Agreement
November 16 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
GHG emissions in cities can be greatly reduced through just transition strategies toward circular and zero waste local economies. Panelists will reflect on how cities around the world are using zero waste strategies to reduce waste and emissions to meet their Paris Climate Agreement targets. The panel will underscore measures that support a just transition for workers and marginalized communities.
- Hon. George Heyman, Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy, British Columbia, Canada
- Commissioner Rachel Anne S. Herrera, Philippine Climate Change Commission (The Philippines)
- Dr. Atiq Zaman, Senior Lecturer, Curtin University Australia
- Ana Le Rocha, Executive Director, Nipe Fagio, Tanzania
- Dr. Richard Swannell, CEO, WRAP UK
- Iryna Myronova, Executive Director, Zero Waste Lviv, Ukraine
- Quezon City representative, Philippines
- Luyanda Hlatshwayo, Global Alliance of Waste Pickers (South Africa)
This event is located within the official conference venue, any person wishing to access the side event area must be duly registered as part of a delegation of a Party or an observer organization and in possession of a conference badge. The link to access the virtual platform for badge-holders will be provided here as soon as it becomes available.
With the exception of the press conference and Zero Waste Hub, all events will be livestreamed on the UNFCCC youtube channel, which is accessible to anyone.