We are looking for a Network Support Associate who can provide a high level of support to GAIA members and who can ably lead in growing and managing our systems, membership database and tools. GAIA’s greatest strength is its members, which includes some of the most active organizations and leaders working on environmental justice, human rights and climate justice issues in different parts of the globe. They protect public health and the environment, promote Zero Waste solutions, and organize against dirty technologies that waste public funds, destroy resources, worsen the climate and threaten human health. This work is of immense importance and need to be supported, and there is a wealth of knowledge, resources, and tools that need to be readily and easily accessible to support on-the-ground organizing.
The Network Support Associate will be mainly responsible for ensuring that systems and tools are created, managed and organized to provide quick and efficient delivery of resources and information to members. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in the latest IT, social media and content management systems and be excited by the prospect of supporting, enhancing and increasing GAIA’s profile and reach to achieve its vision and goals, in collaboration with our international team.
This position will be pursued with a high degree of consultation and coordination with other GAIA staff, members and partners where needed. As with most GAIA positions, this will also include some international program support. The Network Support Associate will be part of GAIA’s international coordination team, which includes people based in Chile, the Philippines, India, US, the UK and Belgium. This post reports to the Asia-Pacific Regional Coordinator and Asia-Pacific Managing Director.
1. Organize and manage GAIA’s information materials (documents, visual resources, presentations, studies and the like) and the flow and systems needed for the management of these materials.
2. Take on the primary role of processing applications for membership and maintaining/updating the membership database.
3. Work with GAIA’s communication team in maintaining the network’s social media pages, website and other communication platforms.
4. Ensure effective maintenance of GAIA’s tools (library, applications, database, WIKI and other content management systems).
5. Support the Asia Pacific office in the efficient implementation of programs and delivery of network services and other tasks necessary.
– Knowledgeable in maintaining web sites, content management systems and the like.
– Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using social media platform.
– Strong research skills.
– Highly-organized, efficient and independent, with excellent attention to details.
– Good communication and inter-personal skills. Able to communicate well with people from diverse backgrounds and of different nationalities.
– Able to work in a multi-cultural, diverse environment and outside standard work hours when necessary to meet deadlines, collaborate with team members, and participate in international team calls.
– Educational background in or graduate of related IT or communications course.
– Visual communication skills including graphic design, powerpoint and audio-video presentations.
– Skilled in simple layout and design of materials.
– Fluency in other languages.
Location, Compensation and Work Environment:
The post is full-time, equivalent to 5 days a week for an initial one year term. This position will be based in GAIA’s Quezon City, Philippines office.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits, including health insurance, vacation, maternity/paternity leave, and other similar employment protection. We take pride in our ability to support one another’s work in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect, and look forward to introducing the successful candidate to our welcoming and highly motivated team and members.
New graduates are welcome to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GAIA is Committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees, regardless of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, your resume with at least 3 references, and a sample communication letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Network Support Associate – (your NAME).” No calls, please. Recruitment will close May 20, 2017 and applications will be processed as they arrive.