GAIA’s Asia Pacific office is looking for a FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to support our work in the Asia Pacific region.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Finance and Administrative Assistant, you will be part of GAIA’s Asia Pacific team and work closely with the Operations Coordinator based in Quezon City, Philippines.
- Provide financial transaction support such as maintaining of petty cash, facilitating cash advance and liquidations, bank runs and other related tasks;
- Perform bookkeeping duties;
- Provide logistical support for programs and campaigns such as event organizing, ticket purchasing, liaising with members and partners and other related tasks;
- Provide administrative support such as but not limited to monitoring of daily time records and leaves, filing of benefits (Philhealth, SSS, PAGIBIG and others);
- Perform general office duties such as managing inventory and purchases, office maintenance and management and other related tasks;
- Deliver administrative and logistical support to the Regional Coordinator; and
- Support the efficient implementation of programs and campaigns and other tasks necessary, particularly in the Asia Pacific office.
- At least 1-year experience in providing finance- and admin-related support;
- Knowledgeable in bookkeeping;
- Highly computer literate;
- Good communication and people skills;
- Comfortable with using online programs and platforms; able to quickly learn new digital tools;
- Highly-organized, efficient and independent, with excellent attention to detail; and
- Experience in organizing events and activities (in a leadership or a supporting role).
- Highly trust-worthy: can be expected to maintain confidentiality of records, documents and information.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION BUT NOT REQUIRED
- At least 1-year experience in nonprofit work (this can include internships and unpaid or part-time work);
- Experience working with networks and international teams;
- Knowledge of finance management programs such as QuickBooks; and
- Graduate of business administration and/or accountancy-related courses.
LOCATION, COMPENSATION AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This is an entry-level, full-time post, equivalent to 5 days a week for an initial one-year term and may be renewable yearly. This position will be based in GAIA’s Quezon City, Philippines office.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits, including health insurance, leaves and other similar employment protection. We take pride in our ability to support one another’s work in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect, and look forward to introducing the successful candidate to our welcoming and highly motivated team and members.
New graduates with exceptional qualities are welcome to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
GAIA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, physical ability, nationality, ethnicity, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, your resume with at least 3 references, and a sample communication letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance and Administrative Assistant – (your NAME).” Please send your application on or before February 15, 2019. Applications will be processed as they arrive. No calls, please.
GAIA is a worldwide alliance of more than 800 organization and individuals in over 90 countries working for justice and a world without waste. At GAIA, we see waste, plastics, and their resulting pollution as a symptoms of a larger, profit-driven extractive economy, and we promote Zero Waste as a holistic solution and an economic shift toward justice and sustainability.
GAIA’s greatest strength lies in our membership, which includes some of the world’s leading organizations working at the intersection of environmental protection, sustainable development, and human rights. GAIA members strategize together about shared goals and targets, share information online and in regional meetings, campaign toward common goals, lead trainings and skillshares, and provide a community of support for one another. Learn more at www.no-burn.org